View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 08:43 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold
Default Leaky Frogg Toggs after 7 days of use+ poor customer service response!

I got a pair of nicer looking breathable Frogg Toggs about a year ago.

About 4 days in, the crotch was leaking. This led to an extremely cold and wet day of belly boating. After patching the crotch, the seams behind the knees started leaking (ie another cold wet day in the belly boat). The taped seams 'seem' to have some very weak glue, leading to many leeks in under a week! Because of this, I keep using my old Reddington Sonic Pros instead. With hundreds of days of use, they are covered with patches, but continue to outperform the Toggs in terms of comfort and durability.
I tried to contact Frogg Toggs warranty department to ask which sealant to use... no reply!
Just found another leak to fix. I'm thinking that every seam will be coated in AquaSeal before these waders are actually useful. And they still have less than ten days on them!
So, lesson learned... I won't ever buy a pair of Toggs again! Saving up for another pair of Sonic Pros. My old sonics were deep in their second season (ie hundreds of days in) before needing to be patched.