Thread: Southern Oregon
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 10:49 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Southern Oregon

I'll compare Ashland to Jacksonville as both are tourest Mecca's. Major difference is Ashland's three (or more) times larger. Both great places to walk around and poke your nose into the stores, eat, etc. Ashland has the Shakespeare theater(s) and JV has 'Britt.'

As far as a place to live they also have something in common: 'The most expensive housing in all of Southern Oregon.' If looking for housing look further west in the Rush (sp?) area as you get 'Rural' real quick after you leave the City limits.

The Applegate river is quite close, but public access is very limited and tends to pack people into a relatively few 'spots.' Candidly, I don't even bother to make the drive save for mid-week.

"Or you could look at the other end of the valley out towards Eagle Point or all the way out to Shady Cove. That will get you probably lower property prices, more golf. You will have access to the rouge river, lost creek lake and a little further out the S Umpqua river and a straight shot over to Bend.

Either side will give you fairly equal access to I-5 , the mall and downtown"

Fully agree with the above statement. I lived in Ashland for years and purchased a new out of the box home (new subdivision) east of 'Down Town' White City. Even today you can purchase a hell of a good sized home for UNDER $200K. $200K in JV is a good down payment (ditto Ashland).

My home is located one mile east of the intersection of Hwy 62 and 140 (to K Falls). I can be in down town Medford in less than 15 minutes, on the Rogue in about 10, etc.

If you need more info on the area, PM me with your questions.
Fred