Thread: Sage XP 596
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:59 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sage XP 596

Here is the latest ferrule wrap variation. I like this one for now.

The thread color looks gold here but it is tan nylon Pro Wrap , the trim bands are NCP gun metal (not as white as they look here). I wanted to use some contrasting colors but was a little stuck. The reel seat is what REC calls pewter, it's of course different in hand than on the innerweb. So I decided to try to use that color as an accent and the "gun metal" NCP is pretty close. I went for tan to compliment the Maple insert in the reel seat. I do not intend on using color perserver and the tan will darken quite a bit with the green blank coming through, the green thread matches the blank pretty closely.

I hope to crank out the top half guides this week and get the grip turned and reamed this weekend.

Thanks for the comments and advice on the other thread. Keep 'em coming.

Click the image to open in full size.