View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 01:27 PM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help me out... Help me plan some destinations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
FlyFisher, Thanks for all the tips... I've not been to Manhattan, KS.. But have drank a lot of Tall Grass... So I feel as if part of me has been there... Mainly my liver...
Good stuff, that Tall Grass. They make it at the Little Apple Brewery in town, Supposed to be a good place to eat, at least by the testimony of my fellow grad students.

Lawrence might also fit your plans. Clinton lake is right there, along with Lonestar Lake and the Kansas River. They have a fly shop, Yagers Flies. http://www.yagersflies.com. A good website is Free State Flyfishers. They're a club based in town. Free State Fly Fishers - A Kansas FFF Fly Fishing Club in Lawrence, KS

Also, great food and brew can be had at the Free State Brewery on Massachusetts street.