View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 04:58 PM

silvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: a few simple stonefly nymphs

I never liked beadheads anyway...sometimes tying the nymph "backwards" would be an option??...having the head at the beginning of the curved part of the hook...leaving the weight off and the weight of the hook acting as the ballast...but that would be an experiment...

since I rarely use stones by themselves...usually as the top fly in a dropper rig, I just want them to apear as they might at the outset of their journey downstream...but my thoughts about tying a dropper to the hook in the rear might have to be re-assessed??...

however success is relevant here...I do pretty well...and cant imagine it getting much better if I am in a place that holds nice fish...but I am willing to try !

thanks for the remarks...it is for sure the way to learn stuff...

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/