View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 06:13 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Take care with Fishwest !!

Mail-order can just be that way, and that's a chance I do take, but it keeps me up at night sometimes. I won a St. Croix Avid rod from ebay right after they came out with the newer IPC 4-pc models. I was supposed to get the discontinued 2-pc non-IPC rod, but they sent me a 4-pc IPC instead. I called them to tell them they sent me the newest model, and they told me to keep it! It was a fly shop/outfitters in Idaho, and they said that if I needed a guide in Idaho, to think of them first. I thanked them for their generosity, and that became my wife's first rod. Forgot to mention that I paid $90 for that rod, and thought that was a deal for the 2-pc model. The new IPC model they sent was right around $210 at the time.

I worked for the USPS as a temporary (90 days) worker while in college. It's amazing that anything gets delivered, and they treated the mail like it was garbage. The job is horribly boring, and I couldn't imagine EVER making a career of it. I dug graves one summer (I always found the best jobs), and even that was better than the post office.