View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 09:48 PM

al_a has a spectacular aura aboutal_a has a spectacular aura aboutal_a has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Help me out... Help me plan some destinations...

I agree with whoever said it sounds like too much driving and not enough fishing. By the time you get from point A to point B AND figure out where you're going to spend the night, it doesn't leave much time for fishing. If it was me, I'd skip the Black Hills, drive to Colorado the quickest way possible, spend two or three days in Colorado, one LONG day of driving to get to Missouri and drop down off I-70 into the Ozarks, spend a good day fishing the upper Current River below Montauk, and then see where you are time wise. Living as I do more than half the year in Missouri, I can tell you that the Meramec is maybe worth a day, but the Current is much better. I don't like the trout parks, so I would definitely avoid either Maramec Spring or Montauk, and fish the rivers below them.

I've done quite a few road trips over the years, and much prefer to concentrate on one area rather than covering multiple states in one trip. You could definitely spend a week in the Missouri Ozarks, either fishing for trout or combining it with some great stream smallmouth bass fishing, and never fish the same water twice.