View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 06:49 AM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2013 8-Weight Challenge: Fly Reel Review

The neatsfoot oil that the cork disc is treated with may well increase start-up inertia until broken in. I have noted that when I apply a few fresh drops of this necessary cork treatment that there is a bit of stickiness initially. Without it though the cork surface can glaze and alternately lock up or let go. I have lost fish to this in a non Abel cork drag reel which I am going to write about in another thread this morning. And yes, Hatch is a terrific reel on multiple levels and second place Fortuna is excellent as well.

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

In the "other" version of this thread under "General Discussions", I wrote some observations about the Reel Chalange, if you are interested in additional critique.