View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 06:49 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2013 8-Weight Challenge: Fly Reel Review

The neatsfoot oil that the cork disc is treated with may well increase start-up inertia until broken in. I have noted that when I apply a few fresh drops of this necessary cork treatment that there is a bit of stickiness initially. Without it though the cork surface can glaze and alternately lock up or let go. I have lost fish to this in a non Abel cork drag reel which I am going to write about in another thread this morning. And yes, Hatch is a terrific reel on multiple levels and second place Fortuna is excellent as well.

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

In the "other" version of this thread under "General Discussions", I wrote some observations about the Reel Chalange, if you are interested in additional critique.