View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Switch rod for bass fishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fichy View Post
I use one occasionally for smallies and walleye

Charlie
Hey, another one! Awsome! My rods are bigger, but close enough. How do you do on those Walleye?

There was just a thread about doing this very recently. If you want to do it from the bank, and backcasting room is limited they are a perfect rod for that. I told him the smallest I would go is 13' 7 wt. and that is the SMALLEST I would.

Before we get a bunch of comparisons like "Oh an 8 wt switch is like a 10 wt. single hand blah blah blah..." it's comparing apples and oranges. It's a bad way to look at it.

Also I'm not to sure I agree with your idea "the shorter rod will be a little easier to navigate as a beginner". My first one was a 15'er. It wasn't hard to learn. In fact I taught myself watching you tube and many hours of casting.