View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rod grip style, and Lefty's principles

Not sure I get your point. In the photo the guy is using more wrist than Ru Paul. I'm pretty sure he was not advocating the swishy wrist cast.

I also understand that you can use wrist, I do, and I am sure you have seen me post this video before. This is Fredrick Hedman, who's casting makes Lefty look like a fat worm dunker.

By the way, This guy is a world class distance caster and did a 115' cast on a 3 wt., I believe in competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver creek View Post
when addressing teaching beginners, Lefty writes "use of the forearm with little or no wrist ....

my problem is not really whether one uses the wrist or not as long as the cast is efficient. It is in telling beginners not to bend the wrist when the natural tendency is to bend the wrist.
Like I said, he's probably avoiding the floppy cast because as YOU said, he advocates a lack of wrist. As I said, "If you get your thumb in the way and don't bend your wrist you can't get it back past 2 oclock. I rotate my rod and have a V grip going back and end with more of a thumb on top. What does Lefty have to say about that?

Last edited by Guest1; 03-13-2013 at 12:03 PM.