View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 04:20 PM

charged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Competing with other sportspeople for carp

I understand this a controversial topic that is not best suited on a flyfishing forum. I also personally hate seeing discarded fish just as much as anyone else.

I acknowledge that there are slobs out there who dump fish. Unforchantly Its a practice that does occur, and one that needs to be stopped. This also bothers me, and I get disgusted when I stumble upon the results. I'm not going to stick up for the people who do this, as it gives the entire practice a black eye that the rest of us will always be associated with, and earns the practice a reputation that the responsible will never be able to recover from.

I also wouldn't want to smell them, I put them several feet down underneath a large wood chip pile. 1/2 a year later the compost then gets dug back up and spread.

Progression though the years.

Click the image to open in full size.

Obviously not all compost as lots of soil was also dug up in leveling the yard, but these images hopefully show that I'm being honest in my use. This land was hand cleared, hand leveled, and seeded /fertilized using natural methods.

Last edited by charged; 03-13-2013 at 05:23 PM.