View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 04:50 PM

comeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud of
Default Orvis Battenkill mid arbor V (7wt question)

For those of you that read my endless posts about owning nothing but small rods for chasing trout on UL gear, I broke the mold today.

If you were me what would you do

I am on travel for business and was able to pick up a BNIB Battenkill Mid Arbor V. This is for 9/10 wts but for the price I couldn't pass it up. I've been thinking of getting a 7 or 8 weight for fishing fall lake run browns or throwing big streamers on a drift boat trip I am dreaming of. Well I got this reel for $50 and I figured why not. It may be rated for 9-10wt line but that won't hurt it if I throw 7 or 8 wt line on it.

So 2 questions

1) sell it and try to make a few bucks or keep it as a good cheap way to get a bigger setup to use a few times a year

2) I currently have a tip flex Orvis Hydros 6 wt , so should I get a 7 or 8 wt to compliment it. Thinking TFO BVK just so I don't break the bank.

Any overall input on the reel as I've never had a Orvis reel