View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 07:03 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Orvis Battenkill mid arbor V (7wt question)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
I think you kind of answered your own question, but perhaps it's my interpretation of it.

If you are looking for a reel to use for a few trout trips a year at best, you'll be hard pressed to find a better reel for that price. I own a MA II and fished with a MA IV. Good reels for the regular price, sale prices are even better. Even though it's rated for a larger wt rod, I suspect you'll be OK. Take it with you and see how it balances. If it just doesn't work, then you could always sell it.

Assuming it works, put the money you saved on the reel purchase into a rod and call it a day.

Cool thanks, I just didn't know much about these and how solid the drags are. If all goes according to plan I hope to get in to 28" + browns. Not knowing much I figured for $50 give it a shot....heck I spent that much on nippers for crying out loud.

Looks like I will be on the hunt for a good used 8wt or a new TFO BVK ( or similar)

"Snap it" Hank Patterson