View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 09:17 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sometimes I believe things are better done the old fashioned way...

There is the old expression about "building a better mouse trap" but so far I've seen few that were actually better.

Gadgets are fine, but like Brookfieldangler has said, people waste way too much time, trying to save time. IMO, the K.I.S.S. method is most often the best approach to much of what we do. Knots are easy. Sometimes I need a little help with tying them, arthritis in my joints hinders the process, but don't need a machine to do it.

Technology is fine too. It's allowed us to have awesome forums like this where we can share thoughts, ideas & information, and of course gadgets we find!

Any of you guys ever see one of those automatic hook setting gadgets, or spring loaded automatic hooks? They're not something fly fishers would use, more for bait anglers. Seems to me it takes all the fun out of fishing!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!