View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 10:56 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Orvis Battenkill mid arbor V (7wt question)

Thanks guys, as always you are all a huge help

Even though the reel is rated for 9-10 I am not worried as stated earlier. For the value I couldn't pass it up plus the faster line retrieval mentioned as well. The reel weighs 6.6oz which is in line with other manufactures mid range reel such as the Lamson Guru for a 8wt. The Evolutions and Nautilus reels are in the 4.5oz range which is a lot of difference. For the $ savings I can deal with 2oz difference.

Now to find a deal on a good 8wt that will be a good progression up from my fast 6wt.

Hoping to have a good solid setup for under $350 all in. I don't mind spending $1,000 for a set up I use alot but for one I will use sporadically I am choosing to be more practical.