View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Switch rod for bass fishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notenuftoys View Post
Yea, the whole stripping thing might be a little more difficult, and perhaps I should just save the money and buy a kayak instead.
Don't let the stripping thing put you off. I made a big stripping basket I hang low on my left side. I strip all the way to the leader. I shake the head back out to the marker, perry poke and cast. Repeat as needed.

You can see in this photo, it has a waist belt. Hanging down from that are two straps. They are adjustable. At the bottom of the basket is a leg strap. It is basically a holster style basket. The bottom of the basket has two drain holes and weed whacker loops to reduce tangles. All of this, including the buckle on the waist strap I forgot to mention, are available at the hardware store. Oh, and the adjustments on the waist strap and closure on the leg strap are velcro, also from the hardware store.

I have a sewing machine, actually two, and did the sewing myself, but if you don't you can probably find someone who will do it for you. I think it took me 15 minutes tops to sew it all up.
Click the image to open in full size.

You can see how it sets on me in this video.