View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 03:06 AM

mysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to all
Default Re: Western NC Streams/Advice/Guides

Welcome to the forums Graham. I fish the area you have listed quite often...planning a trip in May this year. For a relatively new comer to the sport, I suggest hiring a guide. A great one is a gentleman by the name of Alex Bell, who operates out of Sylva, NC. He and others collaborated on a concept called 'Flyfishing Trail'
Western North Carolina Fly Fishing Trail

Their idea was to list all the good FF waters in that region on one site with links to maps etc..Its quite informative. NC has something called delayed harvest, they stock some of the waters quite heavily through the off season (Oct - April??) & the fish are catch & release only during this period.

So the gist of my advice is - contact Alex, visit either the Tuck or Nantahala rivers and soothe your FF ego. Usual disclaimer, I have no business affiliations with Alex. I merely hired him a couple of years ago when I first visited Sylva.

Cheers