View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 11:19 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Western NC Streams/Advice/Guides

Welcome to the forum.... Due to your limited time schedule, I would stick to the delayed harvest streams. In Spruce Pine, you will find a nice section that is easily waded right at the town park. Here is a link to the local fly shop.

Fly Fishing Trips and Guides in Spruce Pine, North Carolina, offering float trips and wade trips on the Watauga River, South Holston River, French Broad River, Toe River and Nolichucky River Back Country streams of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

In Brevard, I would fish the Davidson River at the Hatchery. Big fish....tiny nymphs....very technical but fun. Park at the Education center at the hatchery. It may be somewhat crowded after 10 a.m. Stop by the local fly shop for flies...

Home

Around Sylva, I would hit the Tuckasegee on 107 towards Cullowhee...This is a tailwater so watch the flows... here is another link....

Hookers Fly Shop and Guide Service. Your Smokies Fly Fishing Experience. | Locally owned fly shop offering guided fly fishing in WNC

Hope this helps........

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton