View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 03:21 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ferrule wrap issue, I want your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Actually if you are worried about the foot slipping, and you should only worry in the case of single foot guides, you can wrap a few turns past the foot. Plus you should get the flex coat onto the blank on both sides of the wrap and that will also stop it. With a snake guide, you have wraps at both ends. Where's it going to go?

By the way, I have almost universally used color preserver, and make sure I get it inside next to the fool in the gap, along with the flex coat. I have never had any kind of problem with any kind of guide.
Dan, the Recoil guides are a proprietary Nickle Titanium that bends and flexes but goes back to it's original shape unlike a rigid stainless steel guide. So even with both feet tied down it is possible for pressure on one side of the hoop move just that one foot. Anyway, like I said, from what I've read about users experiences, the slippage occurs on the light wire versions mostly and when the feet are file down too far. The feet are a unique "paddle shape" I'll call it. Rather than tapering to a thinner point at the end, they widen and end in a flat rounded shape. I believe this helps to lock them in when tied on.

At any rate, like I said, I just felt like taking the extra step...apparently to make more work for myself!

Anyone interested to follow along, I am updating the thread titled "Sage XP 596" as I make progress.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
I, too, like the second wrap ... a LOT!!!
Thanks Auntie! I appreciate your experience and opinion.