View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 09:14 PM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Ross Reels and Rods on sale on The Clymb

Hmmm, maybe I should look into one for my wife so she'll lay off of my gear.

Itch, I know that the vexsis clearance has been around, however I only knew of that site because someone here directed me to it, just trying to pay it forward for those that may not be in the know.

And just so no one gets the wrong idea, there is no way for me to get the $25 by sharing that link here, you have to email it to people whose addresses you know or use a personal invite link, which this is definitely not

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
I find most factory rods have very thin grips to begin with.
I thought more about what you said, and I recently sold a custom SP (I had two, and kept the one with the smaller grip) which had a larger-than-I-was-used-to grip...

My question (and I may need to start a new thread for this one) is this... Do custom rod builders for the most part think that factory grips are too thin? Do they generally make theirs thicker? Did I not like the grip on the rod because I am conditioned to favor a certain grip?