View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:29 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: I Met Myself Last Night...

At 5:30 this morning, I finished the last few pages of Journal I, and fully intended to take Journal II down from the shelf when I happened to glance over at the last letter from the late Montgomery Jackson, which now is fixed to the back-board inner workings of my old tying roll-top desk. The words "slow read" hauled back on the reins a bit-- my urge to always see what lies around the next bend --and I returned Journal I to its rightful place, and left the remaining volumes for another evening's read.

The return to the tying desk brought to mind the three unopened boxes of "fishing stuff," as Montgomery had labeled them. The stacked trio have remained closed for the simple reason that to open them will bring with it the heartfelt finality of Mr. Jackson's passing. At that early hour, I wasn't ready to open the flood-gates to that much emotion.

So, later today, I will square up my shoulders and "suck it up," so to speak, and cut the tape of the first of the boxes. Only the Good Lord and Montgomery Jackson know what I'll find inside...

You'll be the second to know...

Last edited by hairwing530; 03-16-2013 at 07:11 AM.