View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:46 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Diamondback Rod Company

You are undoubtedly correct, Moucheur, that Cortland has many fish to fry before they start baking a cake. I am not a business man and think more in terms of wanting to see more and better rods and reels. The first Diamondback product I ever saw was the original Leonard Golden Shadow rods...I mean, Leonard was still in business so this is way back when. Cortland had a big as Orvis fancy booth at Somerset this year and word is that new ownership is deep pocketed and ambitious. But it is true that starting a new rod factory, even if the old rolling tables and ovens are fine, is a big deal. Still, it would be very cool to see new US made Diamondbacks...