View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flyfishing for Sauger...

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather Casey. Hope everyone in your family gets through the next few weeks OK. It's always a rough time.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotakid View Post
I was told many fisherman have trouble telling the three species apart. Wheterh that's true or not, I don't know. Sauger and saugeye look similar and are often confused, but both neither should be confused with a walleye.
All of that is true. Up here all the Saugeye are natural and really rare. Saugeye get alot bigger than Sauger do. Since they are so rare here, and I have seen precisely three, none of which I caught, and all were small, size would not have helped.

Actually I have come across a fair number of people who can't tell Walleye from Sauger either.