View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 03:30 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I want to start tying

If you DO get a kit,,,get just a 'materials' kit without tools if there is such a thing. Buy your own vise, and invest a little time in studying , asking questions about vise's (not vices,,ummm,,,that's not always a bad subject either...). Doesn't take many 'tool's' to do basic tying,and some of the best fun I've had is adding and tweaking my small tools as I've learned.

I love my Regal. So nice having a vise you never have to adjust. But some others vises offer other features that you may or many not want or need.

Wait till you start catching fish on your own flies,,,, learning some tying and using my own,,,it's been a big step for me. Worth every penny. And I'm still pretty new to it and already having a blast !

Good luck !

Michael