View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 06:30 AM

hairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I Met Myself Last Night...

Ever have one of those moments when you realized that something was so close to you that it escaped notice? You know, the old "had it been a snake, it would have bitten you" moments? Ever have one that lasted nearly 50 years? I did, and it came to my attention last night.

I opened the first of Montgomery Jackson's boxes last night, and there sat an artist's sketch pad, one of those long folio-style books sitting squarely on top. It only took a few pages for me to understand that the late Montgomery Jackson-- he wasn't a fan of the "Mr." moniker --had a passion that revolved around his/our outdoor pursuits, and a talent about which I had NO clue-- pen-and-ink and pencil sketchings. His renderings are impressive, and I've only starting looking through the book.

I guess that I shouldn't be surprised. His hand-writing was always more artistic than most, with long sweeping script-style letters and that certain flow to it reminiscent of an artist's touch. He called it "the old way of hand-writing." I call it something worthy of framing. The problem is... I couldn't bring myself to tear a page from his books...

I'm beginning to understand more each day that Montgomery Jackson just didn't leave me his "stuff." He left me a legacy...

Last edited by hairwing530; 05-27-2013 at 03:47 PM.