View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 01:46 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Simms wading staff

At some point you may change your mind save for you're fishing baby streams. Those are few and far between in the PNW. As for wading, I don't go much above my knees in 'real current.' There is "Little gain but there could be pain."

In the interim, I'd suggest a fairly large term life insurance policy.

To put a point to this; I've damned drowned three times (a few more interesting, but no real danger dumps) over 60 years of active fishing. The River only has to win once. There are no instant replays where you can go back and 'let me try that again's.'

Watch the fishing programs on occasion and see the "Host" standing up to his belt in some river and I just have to put my face in my hands and do a "Dear God!" Some young person is going to follow 'his lead' and get themselves killed.

That said, 'I wish you luck.'

fae