View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 12:16 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sage Fly Rod Cosmetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
It's not just Sage. I think, in general, if you are going to ask $800+ for a fishing rod, it should not only perform unbelievably well but also be the last word in aesthetic refinement and elegance. Very few of today's offerings meet that standard IMHO.
I couldn't agree with you more. For that matter, any rod that is considered a manufacturer's flagship or premium should have the best components possible to match the performance to keep within a price point. My biggest beef with Sage is the quality of some of the cork I've seen on their premium rods. I do appreciate that they still use quality and aesthetically pleasing wood inserts on their trout/freshwater rods. I love the Sage rods that I own. I've had no regrets about purchasing them, even the ones I've paid full retail for. These days, I do everything I can to avoid buying them at full price. Patience has it's merits