View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sage Fly Rod Cosmetics

I do. In fact the first Sage rods that I ever cast, the first thing I thought when I saw them was "If these were dogs, I'd shave their butts and train them to walk backwards." (My serious face) The Sage Bass rods with the red seat and wraps combined with that gold blank that I think looks like the cheap gold foil you get on chocolate money. Those look they were designed by a guy whose full time job is designing Christmas decorations. Seriously, what were they thinking. I've seen better colors tagged on the side of box cars.

Then there is the whole building them on straightest visual line. How good for tracking can they be when you have the rod twisting and untwisting like a danged Hula Dancer everytime you load the rod? I should add that for 95% of casters that probably isn't going to be an issue. But for the 5% that are trying to put a fly out past 100' it is. I'll also bet that when they make one for a distance caster they sponsor they don't do it that way. This is done just for sales, not to make a good rod. If they do one thing that way, what else do they do?

Sage and I got off on the wrong foot right off the bat, and point number one was they were butt ugly rods.