Thread: TU Members
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 03:07 PM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: TU Members

I am a member, but not a life member. I think of a life membership as a combination gear purchase and charitable contribution. I figure it's not worth it unless I was already planning to buy the "complimentary" rod and reel anyway. As far as I can tell, the only difference between a regular membership and a life membership is that with a life membership, you get (1) the rod and reel, (2) a Life Member pin that you can wear proudly at all your snooty high-society functions, (3) a Life Member decal (but it doesn't get you preferred parking at any secret TU honey holes), (4) a Life Member certificate suitable for framing (but don't hang it in your office if you want a long career -- gotta watch the ol' fishing-vs.-work-ethic thing), and (5) no more $35 annual dues. If I want to give them more than the minimum annual dues, I figure I'll just give them an extra contribution, rather than buy stuff I don't need.

Last edited by moucheur2003; 03-17-2013 at 10:53 PM.