View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 07:51 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sage Fly Rod Cosmetics

Dan, Dan, Dan...... You must not have heard about Sage's new technogically. It no longer matters if the rod is built straight, as the fibers are aligned along the rod's length. I had a St.Croix rod that behaved a little funny when casting beyond 40 feet. It was sort of like a curve ball being thrown. I took it to a rod maker, and after a couple of wiggles, he said it was built too straight. There were a couple of seasoned casters there, and when Jack pointed out the section that wasn't aligned properly, there was no missing it! Jack went on to say that a lot of the major companies use home wrappers, and they often wrap them so the rod is straight. Having said that, how many people would drop $800 on a rod that looks crooked?

I had a Sage Ds2 back in 1999....roughly. The reel seat was a bit bulky, and loosened too often,but the rod was fine. When I saw a Z-Axis for the first time, I thought it was a very elegant rod, and the reel seat was fantastic. The hardware used on the Z-Axis and ZXL is quality gear, but Winstons do look nice. Sage has a $1,300 version of the ONE, and it has all the bling anyone could ask for.