Thread: TU Members
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 09:03 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of
Default Re: TU Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
TU has become involved in more than one thing I consider to be counterproductive. If you remember, there was a thread last year where I contacted the local fisheries office on one of those counterproductive things they were doing, and Fisheries said they were not contacted by them. They were aware of it and agreed it was someplace between stupid and destructive.

If it were an isolated thing I would dismiss it as a one off and move on. It is not. That's is why I dropped my membership and will not be going back in the foreseeable future.
My wife is a principal level fisheries biologist and has done a lot of restoration work for coal mines, state govts and the national govt. She has a similarly dim view of the restoration work that TU has has done.

I however am a member but just an annual one. I like to think that TU does the best they can with the financial resources they have. I think their best work is done with making our people and politicians aware and applying pressure and lobbying where needed.