Thread: TU Members
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 12:33 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TU Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vans View Post
My wife is a principal level fisheries biologist and has done a lot of restoration work for coal mines, state govts and the national govt. She has a similarly dim view of the restoration work that TU has has done.
And they seem to never ask any local fisheries if some crackpot idea they have is a good one or not. I think in a short while you will hear from someone else where what they are doing is actually quite destructive. I said I would stay quiet for a while till more information is gathered. In fact I will wait for the other parties to speak first, but unfortunately when you give them money, you fund these crackpot things they do. And it really is bad in a lot of cases. If some of you who think they are doing good in your areas, called your local fisheries and asked if they are helping or hurting you would be quite surprised. One thing that would help would be start asking the area fisheries before they go in and do detrimental stuff.

And it doesn't end with their efforts on the waters. They are just wrong on a long list of things. Funding them only encourages more of the same. Cutting them off will either straighten them out or end them. Works for me either way.