View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 07:41 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Fun with tailing loops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineblade View Post
I've reached a point! I can now throw a wicked tailing loop at will! I was surprisingly happy about this for some reason...

Does anyone else enjoy this ability? I was casting with my wife today and she's doing well but her casting is not quite up to my own, so being able to throw a tailing loop seemed to help her see how it happens a bit better.

Now, with more work and practice you'll be casting perfect tailing loops everytime just like me!

This sounds like something I read once. I understand casting instructors have to do this as part of the regimine (sp?). They have to know how it happens to be able to correct it and also to demonstrate it to a student.

Apparently, it gives a number of them trouble because they spent so much time learning to do it right and then have to unlearn so they can do it wrong.