View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sage Fly Rod Cosmetics

Call me crazy here but I think Sage Rods are beautiful. My SP, XP, SLT, ZXL and Z-Axis rods all have beautifully colored blanks. The wraps are beautiful, the gold accent wraps, the red intertwined on the Z-Axis. They're beautiful. The ZXL's with that Pomogranite color and gold accents are also beautiful. Previous RP, RPL, and LL hardware was nothing fancy, and the blanks are rather pedestrian.

I agree with the cork not being the quality of Winston and some other rod manufactures, and I wish it were. The Winston cork is amazing, as are the burled wood spacers and the locking hardware. This is an area that Sage should improve asthetically. Instead, they went the opposite direction with their new One and Circa rods, which I find disappointing. But the previous lines I find beautiful and the wood and nickle hardware is hardly ugly. It doesn't jump out at you and I find the SP, XP and SLT's were nicer nicer than the ZXL and Z-Axis so the trend is moving backward, IMO, instead of forward from a hardware perspective.