View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 02:27 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Swap #3 : Clouser Style Flys

A baker's dozen Shad Clousers:

Click the image to open in full size.

Shad Clouser

Hook: Eagle Claw 202ELA, #8, gold
Thread: Veevus, 10/0, white
Eyes: Spirit River Dazl-eyes, 1/8", gold
Belly: Orvis Super Hair, white
Lateral line: Krystal Flash, pearl
Back: Orvis Super Hair, sea foam

These small Clousers are pretty sparsely dressed because Shad like thin patterns with a lot of gold showing; with the Super Hair bodies you can see right through them to the hook. The body materials are not tied back beyond the eyes and the bodies are somewhat shortened due to the fact that Atlantic Shad often short-strike.

I tie them in a bunch of different back colors; incuding chartreuse, dark blue and red. For me, the sea foam green always works the best, though.

I used this pattern with good success last season on Atlantics and even got a couple of Smallies to go for it when I accidentally drifted above the brackish water and into the fresh.

They'll go out in tomorrow's mail.

Pocono