View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 08:31 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: suggest new line for TFO 8' 4wt

Pegboy nailed it. Many TFO's (surely all the BVK's we've tried) prefer a 1/2 size heavy line. SA GPX, RIO Grande, etc. I don't prefer a half size heavy line, these RODS do. Ironically, the heavy lines on the market also tend to be aggressive tapers. It would make me very happy if popular presentation oriented lines...RIO Gold, SA Textured Trout or Mastery Expert Distance where available in half size increments; 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5..., etc. then we could fine-tune a rod and still have appropriate tapers for reaching, mending and all those important line manipulation things. One of the reasons I replaced my TFO.BVK#6 with an ECHO3#6 is that I didn't enjoy fishing the RIO Grande line (because of its short rear taper) that the BVK cast best with. The ECHO3 fishes with a straight #6, an Airflo Ridge Tactical which has proven to be a fine line.

Last edited by sweetandsalt; 03-20-2013 at 11:24 AM.