View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 10:50 AM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: want opinions on fly fihing vests....

I've had my Simms G3 Guide vest for about 9 years now, love that thing. It stays cool, has tons of easy storage (which is why I wear a vest over a pack when I do), and looks new since I washed it (I know, I know... I had to, you don't want to hear the story, but trust that I had to). That thing has seen lots of abuse, my only issue was that it has a zipper that sticks sometimes but it's been through the ringer for sure so i have to expect something to snag, eh? I'm betting that the newer models have better zippers, and the darn thing gets a 5-star rating with 12 reviews on their site, whereas the Guide vest only gets 3 (from one reviewer, granted... but 10 of 12 reviewers gave the G3 5 stars, and 2 gave it 4)

It's pricey, but I'm 32 and have a hard time thinking that I'll buy another vest anytime soon... maybe when I pass this one down to my unborn son?