View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 03:50 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Trout fishing on Long Island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyhands View Post
Greetings Gents! Thanks for the info posted so far - I'm getting into fly fishing after growing up a spinner and was wondering what would be good flys tossed by a newbie for brackish sea runs?

Also, being that I'm on the south shore western Nassau, it's tough getting to Oakdale or the Nissy between work and kids, so I was thinking of trying for the white perch, etc. on the creeks near me. Any suggestions for the white perch? I was thinking of some grass (? or is it glass) shrimp, but don't know what else would be good. I'm hoping to use that as good practice before I start looking for the Man in the striped suit in LNB later this month. Thanks in advance...
try Burns Park in Massapequa(the bird sancuary), Silver Pond in Oceanside or Taco Bell Creek in Lindenhurst.I know spots by JFK but I would have to take you there blindfolded! Mill River in Lynbrook is great but very tidal dependent. Anything small and white or silver will work.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser