View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 01:47 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New rod..Check. New reel....

Of the reels that you listed, I am partial to the Lamson Speedster. The reel is built light. That should balance very well with a light rod like the Sage One. The conical style drag is very reliable for the large trout that you will be stalking. It starts up smoothly to protect light tippets. Also the drag covers a large range. Its tall and skinny dimensions make for a very fast line retrieval rate.

Even though most of my other reels are from another brand, I have been fishing Lamson since 2003. My first Lamson that I purchased was a Litespeed 3. The reel and its spare spool have streamer lines on them that I use on trout, American Shad, Steelhead, and Striped Bass. I also have a ULA Force 3x SL that I use on my 8 weight on Striped Bass and American Shad.

My only gripe with Waterworks and Lamsons is the durability. The reels are machined so thin that the spools can be bent. It will happen usually from being dropped or being banged around in a boat.

Dennis