Thread: Fix 'er upper
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 10:21 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fix 'er upper

What kind is it ?
Not all glass rods were created equal and that might help to determine how much effort that it would be worth putting in.
One of my first rebuilds was the Conolon that I caught my first fish on a fly that I tied myself. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but the rod is still a POS.
A Phillipson that I got for cheap turned out to be a great rod after the rebuild.

The majority of old glass will benefit from a couple of additional guides which would mean stripping the whole thing down to the blank, and some people like to replace the metal ferrule with a spigot type which is not as hard as it sounds.
If you just wanted to re-glue the seat and grip, that would likely take only a few minutes and may be the best way to go.