View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 11:24 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: want opinions on fly fishing vests....

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineblade View Post
I wish I could find a vest that holds a water bottle! That's another downside
So yes. You can get 'Fanny Packs' that have 'pockets' for them, but never saw one on a vest. That said, I haven't used a vest in years. You have a pocket, there should be something stuffed into same. Stuff you don't use, stuff you really don't need, etc. Front pocket in my chest waders cares the odd bits I need like a single spool of leader, etc.. And a couple small boxes of flies.

For 'tools' I have a set of forecepts with a bit of cord hanging below: nail clippers, hook file and the most important bit: A police whistle! That Puppy is a major 'safety tool' if you really need to call for help.

Summer time the chest waders are replaced by belt highs, and then I'll use that fanny pack, and carry a tad more stuff ... most of which will never see the light of day over the course of a fishing trip.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
I wouldn't recommend tossing the jeep into your vest unless you also get one of those lumbar-reinforced wading belts.
Missed this post, and a great laugh. Have a Jeep and use a Simm's lumbar belt. Yellow Lab just looks at me and 'Where the heck am I to sit down' with all the 'stuff' in back of the Liberty. One of these days I'm going to pull out all that 'stuff' and sort it out.

fae