View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 PM

gretch6364 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New rod..Check. New reel....

I have a Ross Evolution LT on my Scott S4 6wt, and it has been really good for me. I live and fish in Colorado, so it is fun to have an all Colorado made reel and rod. The only complaint I have about the Evolution is when I have it wound in becuase I am walking, sometimes the tippet or leader gets under the spool and I have to pull the spool off part way and fix it. Not sure if the gaps between the frame and spool are wider then my other reels, but never had this issue with my other reels.

I don't think you can go wrong with those that you listed, but I would agree that the Lamson's tend to not take the abuse as well. If I had to do it over again, I would probably go with a Hatch reel. I had one on my 4wt, but decided it was topo heavy and way overkill, but on the 6wt, especially a fast 6wt like the One or S4, a more robust drag then the Evolution seems beneficial.

Not sure where in Colorado you are, but you may want to use the 6wt for small to medium sized Carp and that is where the strong drag can be really nice. Just my two cents though. Never owned a Nautilus but hear good things and the Galvan is a winner for sure.