Thread: reel displaying
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 06:42 PM

charged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: reel displaying

Oh....geez.

Well this is embarrassing to post, as I'm a mostly a collector / fisherman of someone elses junk.

Click the image to open in full size.

The really sad thing is these pictures were taken over a year ago, and I have 12 more months of collecting in fold since these last pics. I think, that I'm now making a conscious effort towards the upgrading process. But will always be a sucker for whatever captivates my attention. On A forum such as this I often feel like the odd ball.

I do really enjoy fishing these vintage reels, and don't think that its something I will ever grow out of. So my preferences, will always differ from the industry standards that sell. I have a Lamson, and a Allen, both nice reels paired up with more modern rods...

I just have this weird urge to buy stuff like this:

Before:

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

And turn it into this.

And After:

Once done, my next challenge is to try and catch a fish. Once that goal gets accomplished, the process will ultimately be repeated with another project. For me, at least 1/2 of my enthusiasm in this hobby, entails the restoration of some one else's lost / neglected passed down equipment. I do have some mid-priced modern equipment not pictured, but most of the time I go out fishing, it with my vintage stuff I've come to enjoy.

Fly fishing is supposed to be fun, its a hobby and a activity I entered into first with a limited budget. I've now spent more than I have ever planned, but could easily revert back to the basics and I still find a way to have fun in this hobby. I don't think you will ever find me saying vintage items are better, but I do try and sell the theory that they can also be enjoyable. Just Give me a Pflueger, or a Martin, and I will still find a way to manage some good old fashioned fly-fishing fun.

Last edited by charged; 03-20-2013 at 07:30 PM.