View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 07:02 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vise Short List what to pick

Welcome to the forum and to fly tying. I'd recommend a read of this. These guys did a very good job reviewing vises within your budget. Mind you it slightly dated, but for the most part very much relevant.

Fly Tying Vises In-Depth Review by Fly Fish Ohio!

Personally, I tie on a Peak. Very happy with the build and use. I've not found the head too bulky until I get down to say 18 and below. When I'm at that point, I use the Midge Jaws. I have tied thousands of flies on mine since 2009 and have not had one single issue.

You might also want to have a look at Regal Medallion or the Traveler series. The other to have a look at is the Renzetti Traveler. Both great companies with well respected products.

Good luck, let us know what you end up with.