Thread: Bass Fly Help
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 07:39 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bass Fly Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditz View Post
Hey Boz....I assume you are infering to shorten up the leader and even use a heavier one. I have always used about 8' total and a 8# tippet. The next time I get down there I will shorten up the leader and maybe go to a 15# tippet. I would sure like to catch some of those lady's on my 5wt. Thanks...I will give it another shot.
You got it! The stiffer the connection between fly and flyline the more your control with the lighter rod. Just cause the rods lighter doesn't mean you have to go lighter with the leader. Ladyfish are a blast! Like mini tarpon!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser