Thread: Guide guidance
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guide guidance

Are you asking brand and style of guide or size and spacing? Do you want to mimic what Sage puts on?

For brand and style, my first choice in guides is Snake Brand, I'd get the Universals which come in chrome and black nickel both of which look great. I don't know ins and outs of different brands of single foot guides, only used them a couple times and don't like them as much personally.

Snake Brand reel seats are really nice too, but a bit pricey. If you have the money they really are gorgeous. I also like the ones Dave Winslow sells and they are less expensive. For cork, flor grade I buy mine through a friend who puts in a large order once or twice a year but have bought some on ebay. End up weeding out some pieces but I don't worry about getting cork perfect.