View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Winter Smallmouth

Good comeback! You'll fit in great here!
Don't know the Arkansas but river smallmouth and cold water small sinking (deep) flys and short slow 2 inch strip retrieves . I like to fish current breaks (similar to winter steelhead ) in deeper pools . The rocks with the biggest drop in front of the downstream side and can't stress enough about slow. I also like small to medium weighted nymphs and stoneflys in the winter and to have them in dark colors and again fished slow. I'll also like to swing steamers through the current( again like steelhead) like small Mickey FInns and Black Nose Dace.
If Diver Dan sees this I'm sure he can said some light as he fishes very cold water for smallies.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser