View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 07:50 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: New rod..Check. New reel....

Ghocevar, On your NV there is a unique feature that I like a lot. Threaded into the reel foot on the drag knob side of the reel is a small red post. Bringing your leader around the circumference of the reel, pass it over the post which precludes it from slipping off the flat shoulders of the reel. Hence, not only will it not slip into any spool/frame gap but won't slip off the shoulder either. A design detail from people designing reels who actually fish with them.

KWB, I am intrigued by Galvan reels in part because of your and other knowledgeable members of this forum's endorsement. There are design features I see illustrated on their web site that I wonder about; the circular pawl spring and push-button spool release (I prefer a captive, threaded spool release over push-button or leaver and spring type). As, regrettably, they do not attend the Somerset Show, it is hard for me to get to know their product well enough to give it a try. So I have written to them via e-mail a few weeks ago with several relevant questions and have yet to receive a response. I don't mind the phone but before I get personal I like to have something to speak with them about. A small company ignoring an e-mail inquiry is not a good sign in this hotly contested reel market.