View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 07:36 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Search of Free America

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
Who knows...? They probably have it figured out but were waiting for the bills to actually be signed. They've said that they're being actively pursued by Texas abd one of the Carolinas.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Oregon is in the mix for sure. We were there, in Eugene, Thanksgiving before last and I really liked it. My wife's sister and family live there. The only thing that concerns me is the reported lack of sunshine. I know there are some big name, big rivers there, how about small stream-away-from-everything fishing?
That's just the north half of the State. Once past (south of) Roseburg the annual rainfall is peanuts. Medford's 'average is less than 20 inches, and we're no where near that this 'Season.' Going to be a hard summer as the snow pack is waaaaaay below what it should be.

Fred

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
Idaho would be right up there for me (about 20 states in front of Oregon lol).. but I'm biased towards the rockies

10 Best Small Towns in America | Travel News from Fodor's Travel Guides
Interesting to see that Healdsburg, CA lead off the list. Lived there for years (left there to move to So. Oregon to build my vineyards). 4th of July parade would through the whole community and many of the neighborhoods. True farm type 4th. Decorated flat bed truccks, etc.

That old farmer leaning against his 25 year old PU was probably a multimillionaire in the wine business. You could walk the streets at 0300 in perfect safety. Crime rate? There wasn't any.