View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:01 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm actually working on a fly rod... really.

After littering the "flyrod building" thread with non flyrod builds I figured I should share some work on a flyrod.
7wt Forecast Spey. The rod was already build nicely in grey with red trim but the owner wanted a little flare so I went to work. Smaller diameter blanks like this don't allow you to build a bold, central pattern, a pattern that wraps around the blank gets lost. For this wrap I went with a small compas rose style pattern and framed it with a fade. Fading a background is a greet way to make the most of a small diameter blank.
Sorry for the cel phone pics, couldn't find the camera
Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

If a moderator could fix my horrible grammar in the title I would appreciate it.

Last edited by jpbfly; 03-21-2013 at 10:43 AM.